|Don’t Forget to Breathe
“Sometimes it’s the same moments that take your breath away that breathe purpose and love back into your life.”
― Steve Maraboli
Are you like me? Every time I say, “We need to slow down”, you better believe 5 unexpected things pop up on our calendar. Our modern lives are so full of “things”. Sometimes it feels like “things” are out of control and I’m just chasing one task after the next. The reality is this simply isn’t true. All of us need to practice the art of no.
Either you rule the day, or the day rules you.
I don’t have to say yes to every opportunity, party, brunch or request that my children or extended family make. If I want to bring the best of myself to the table than I need to make time to rest and restore my body and mind. I’m not a machine and I simply cannot treat myself like one.
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
Believe it or not, summer is halfway over. Don’t let this season pass you by without doing some activities that bring you peace and joy. Go home tonight, make a cup of tea, grab a piece of paper and write down 5 things that you would like to accomplish before the summer season ends and make them happen!!
I’ll close with a little advice for the execution of your summer activities.
– Put it on the calendar. (YOU KNOW YOU NEED TO)
– Don’t be like Clark Griswold and put such high expectations on your plans that you can’t enjoy the flow of life. (Purpose over Perfection)
– Learn to enjoy the little things and the big things are also more enjoyable.
– Let your hair down and laugh. Laughter is healing.
– Remember what it feels like to view the world through eyes of wonder instead of judgement.
Laughter is the sun that drives the winter from the human face.
Love is a journey, not a destination